Sunday 6 November 2011

Agony 17/03/2009

Thunk. Tap. Thunk. Tap. Thunk. Tap. It was a rhythm that started early every morning, then continued, unbroken until late at night. Thunk. Tap. Thunk. Tap. Thunk. Tap. To me, it meant pain. It had been going on for years now. And I was starting to accept the fact that the Vampires were never going to accept that I’m never going to give them the information they want.
Never.
I had come to realize that I needed to accept another thing too. – My family was not coming for me. They never had been. From the second I was dragged into the center of the enemy, I was already a lost cause to them. Either that, or they had tried, and failed.
The first option seemed more likely to me. Because if they had done the second option, then they probably wouldn’t still need me to stick around.
Unless of course, you know… They just got some weird kick out of watching hunters suffer.
Gross. Even we don’t go that far. Hunters exist to protect our fellow humans from harm. Not to stretch them over some weird but incredibly effective – believe me. I should know. – machine, and watch while they dip into a world that gives a whole new meaning to the word “agony”.
Thunk. Tap. Huh… I guess my time here has paid off for something. I can almost ignore the pain now, I’m so used to it. It has taken on a sort of numb-like quality. I wonder if I can ignore it enough to go to sleep,
Thunk. Tap. Thunk. Tap. Thunk. Tap. Thun…

Notes...
I wrote this some time ago when I was not in a very happy place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment